are you a SURVIVAL® CAREGIVER?
If you have completed the full Survival® Caregiver Course, (you must have attended all 9 modules and completed the 168 practical hours in a frail care facility), then you can add your profile to this platform.
To be added on this platform you must have the following requirements:
- Trained, certified and completed the Survival® Caregiver Course.
- Have an up-to-date CPR and First Aid certificate, certified and endorsed by the Resuscitation Council of South Africa and the American Heart Association, completed through Survival®.
do you want to do our SURVIVAL® CAREGIVER course?
Are you interested in a career as a Caregiver?
Our Caregiver Course is incredibly comprehensive and you will leave this course empowered with many skills and fully accredited and certified.
Our comprehensive Caregiver Course, will teach you the skills required to look after patients and individuals needing care such as; babies, the elderly; alzheimer/dementia patients, the terminally ill, paralysed patients, stroke survivors and so much more. Please view here for a more detailed outline of the Caregiver Course.
The course runs once a week, for a full day, for 9 consecutive weeks. Each participant receives 2 x scrub tops with their name embroidered on the top. Payment in instalments may be arranged upon enquiry and confirmation of booking.
- CPR and First Aid: The CPR and First Aid module is certified and endorsed by the Resuscitation Council of South Africa and the American Heart Association.
- Babies: From general care to sleep, milestones and stimulation.
- Elderly: Frail care from bathing to signs and symptoms of various illnesses such as high blood pressure; dehydration; diabetic care; food hygiene; medications; companionship etc.
- Post-Surgical: Patients discharged from hospital- mobilisation; wound care; signs and symptoms of infection etc.
- Alzheimer and Dementia patients: Learn how to respond to changes in communication and behaviour and provide everyday care.
- Terminal patients: Providing a safe caring environment; respectful attentiveness for patient and family in a comfortable and pain free environment.
- Paralysed patients: (Quadriplegics and Paraplegics); pressure part care; bathing; feeding; stimulation and passive exercise; transport of patients in wheelchairs and with assisted equipment.
- Stroke survivors and other patients with various illnesses and diseases.
- The CPR and First Aid module is certified and endorsed by the Resuscitation Council of South Africa and the American Heart Association.
- Each participant will receive a Survival CPR manual per module containing all the course information.
- The Survival CPR Caregiver Course certificate is based upon the completion of all 9 modules as well as the completion of all 168 practical hours in a frail care facility. This will be arranged by Survival CPR.